Seize The Sketch & Cards For Hospitalized Kids

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Lack of creativity?  Pretty much.  For a good cause, absolutely! 

I was wandering around blogland this weekend and discovered Card For Hospitalized Kids.  This charity distributes cards to kids that are hospitalized and/or seriously ill. What could be better than to make a card for a sick child?

When my oldest daughter was born she was very ill, and was hospitalized for several weeks.  It was a devastating time for our family.  As you can imagine, this charity hit a nerve within me.  Fast forward to today; my daughter defied all odds!  She just started college and is happy and healthy.  To look at her you would never know she had such a difficult start in life.  

When I saw this Seize The Sketch this morning, I knew it was the perfect sketch to use for making multiple Halloween cards in a short amount of time.


Here's my card.  As you can see, I used the sketch exactly.  I will be able to duplicate this easily.  My goal is to make 25-30 cards and get them in the mail by Friday (for Cards For Hospitalized Kids).  I can do this! 



I made the coordinating envelope and added some designer paper to the inside for a little added excitement.

I hope you'll consider sending some of your cards to Cards For Hospitalized Kids.

Supplies:  Stamps: Tim Holtz Exclusive Halloween Kit for Archivers  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black  Paper:  Card Base Stampin' Up Whisper White, Teresa Collins 6x6 Pad Masquerade Party  Accessories: Twine and a Button

10 comments:

  1. Nice Halloween card! TFS this info re kid's cards. Seriously, I was just thinking last night that I should call Primary Children's Hospital in SLC, UT or St. Jude's to find out if either accept cards for kids. This will be another source for me. GOOD LUCK and YES, YOU CAN! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a darling and fun halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super fun Halloween card girl :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl! My name is Jen and I am the founder of Cards for Hospitalized Kids. I just wanted to say a big thank you for not only making cards but sharing it on your blog and spreading the word to others. It really makes a difference!

    I especially think it is great that your own experiences having a sick child inspired you to get involved. My own experiences undergoing 20+ surgeries in the hospital throughout my childhood inspired me to start CFHK, so I can definitely relate. I am glad your daughter is healthy & doing well, and it is inspiring to see others turning negative experiences into positive ones!

    Honored to have you involved with my charity!
    Jen, CFHK Founder
    www.cardsforhospitalizedkids.com
    Facebook.com/CardsForHospitalizedKids
    @Crds4HosptlKids on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Halloween card Cheryl! The background paper is awesome and this is for such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Cheryl, I love the papers and the cute buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card and for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE how you were inspired by the sketch and yahooo for you, such a great project! So glad to hear that your daughter is doing well. I can't begin to imagine what you and your family went through when she was ill.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute Halloween card, Cheryl! Thanks also for the link for the Cards for Hospitalized Kids - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool take on this sketch! I love the all over pattern and fun design. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs