Packaging...

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I love pretty packaging. I'm always on the lookout for pretty packaging ideas (Hello Pinterest)!  When I discovered a die cut for a pillow box, I did a little happy dance. Using up my supplies and pretty packaging all in one easy step.

Recently, I sent my daughter, her roommate and two other freshman (in my daughter's dorm) a Halloween care package.  Included were these pillow boxes filled with candy. 

 
These were all made from the same die cut along with various embellishments and designer paper.  The die cut I used is from Papertrey Ink.  I know My Favorite Things also has a pillow die cut that's square, and a bit smaller.  I'm thinking I probably need both, right?  Now, I'm sure there are other pillow dies out there, however these are the two that I'm familiar with.

Okay, in an effort to provide full disclosure, I do not work for, or receive gifts from either company, however a girl can wish!

As I mentioned, these pillow boxes were filled with Halloween candy, but just think of the possibilities.  You can use these for any holiday, birthday or gift giving occasion, and aside from packaging for a small gift, they can be used as gift card holders too. 

I hope you don't mind if I share one other item in the Halloween care package.


The girls needed something "Halloween" in their dorm so I made these pillowcases.

I hope you'll visit again because I have a "gift card packaging" series planned for early November.
 

3 comments:

  1. That is so thoughtful of you and I especially like the adorable pillow cases. My granddaughter will be going away to college next year and maybe a holiday pillow case along with a handmade card (with $) would be a fun thing to do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the treat boxes and the pillowcases! Both will make the girls' room more festive for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those pillowcases stole the show, Cheryl!! What a fantastic way to decorate for the holidays in a dorm room without putting a bunch of stuff up and around! Brilliant! The pillow boxes full of candy are going to be a big hit as well!! Will you be my mom?? Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs