Shopping Our Stash #120 ~ Kids

Sunday, September 29, 2013

I discovered a new to me challenge this week.  It's Shopping Our Stash or SOS.  It's a weekly challenge focusing on using the supplies you have on hand.  This challenge spoke volumes to me. 

This week's Shopping Our Stash challenge is to make a "kid themed" card.  I made this card with my 15 year old daughter in mind.  Kid, teenager, same thing right?  Well, Katelyn calls everyone "dude", including her father and me.  It drives me crazy...!  So when I came across this little Technique Tuesday set, of course I thought of my her.  That's why the dude is stamped in pink.  She's my girly-girl.


In an effort to shop my stash, I pulled out one of my treasured Martha Stewart die cut doilies.

I used this sketch from Susan Stringfellow.  I thought it was such a fun and playful sketch, perfect for this challenge.

Adding to Simon Say Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

Supplies:  Stamp: Technique Tuesday (Ali Edwards)  Ink: Papertrey  Paper: Card Base Stampin' Up Whisper White  Designer Paper: Echo Park 6x6 pad Hello Summer

Thanks for stopping by...


7 comments:

  1. I love the story behind your card! Kids go through the funniest stages as they grow up :) Love that doily and the pink lettering for your daughter! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Dude! Sorry I couldn't resist...hee hee. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of blogger today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the papers you've used. Bet your daughter adores this card, the dude sentiment is so cool :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous! Great papers and I love your focal grouping! Very nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT card! Like your colors, papers, sketch. What a cool card for your teenage girly-girl. :) My stash is a big, overflowing room full of paper crafting supplies. I'm going to check out the SOS challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet card! So adorable!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. A kid is a kid, except when a kid is a dude. (Wouldn't a "dudette" stamp be cute?) I'm loving all those happy colored whimsical birdie dudes, too!! Well done, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs