Autumn, Felt, Another CAS(E) This Sketch & a Tip

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm not one to combine challenges but this week everything just fell in place, and I was able to combine three challenges. Yes!

This week the Less is More challenge is to use felt or fabric on your card.


The cue card  for CAS ology is Autumn.


And because I loved the CAS(E) This Sketch this week, I used it again.  You can also see it HERE in an earlier post this week.

Finally, let me share a burlap tip with you.  If you've ever tried to use burlap with your die cuts, you've probably discovered the burlap doesn't hold up very well.  It has no body.  What I've done to solve this is to coat my burlap with Mod Podge, and let it dry.  This will make the burlap semi stiff, and will hold up well with die cuts.  I prefer the hard coat Mod Podge for this technique. I hope this was helpful.

A Reminder: Karen is this week's One-Layer Wednesday host.


Supplies: Stamps: Both sentiments are Papertrey  Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa  Paper: Gina K - Ivory Accessories:  Felt, Burlap, Buttons, Pearl Cotton, My Favorite Thing Layered Rose Die, and We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board

17 comments:

  1. Love the look you have using the burlap and the soft flower. Nice textures together. I'm so glad for your tip because the only way I've used burlap so far is just hand cutting a rectangle. This gives me another way to use it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful cards! Like the burlap and felt flowers. I adhere heat and bond to my burlap b4 die-cutting. I used to use watered down, white glue to stiffen it a bit but it was messy and I grew impatient waiting for it to dry. Hee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful textures and colours, you have created two beautiful cards. Thank you for the tip re the Burlap, I have always used it fringed and in a haphazard way but this looks so crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl, both cards are lovely! Your felt flowers look great and thank you for the tip. Hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sumptuous, Cheryl! Just look at all that texture and body! Thanks for the tip on the Mod Podge. Do you think it will work on my hair??

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both lovely! I love how you combined the burlap with the felt!
    Thanks so much for playing with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are two beautiful cards. I love the contrast with the soft felt and the harsh burlap. That is a fabulous idea about the modge podge. I will try that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those yummy textures scream cooler temps and fall at me - great job creating a cozy feeling! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl, that burlap is PERFECT! Two really amazing cards! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards Cheryl, love the burlap flowers, thanks for the tip too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both gorgeous Cheryl! Great use of fabric and felt! :)
    Lizy x GDT LIM

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are beautiful cards, Cheryl. Thanks for the inspiration.

    For the modge pod, do you use regular or fabric modge pod for stiffen the burlap? Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really sorry I'm so behind the times in commenting on these fab cards.
    They're simply terrific.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs