Packaging...

Monday, November 4, 2013

I can't believe it's already the first week of November!  Where did October go? 

Okay!  Moving on.  Let me ask you, how many of you give gift cards during the holidays, or throughout the year for that matter?  With my family scattered across the country, and teen/tween  nieces and nephews, I find gift cards are always well received, and much less expensive to send. Even my teenage daughters request gift cards. 

Please, don't think that I just send gift cards for the ease of gift giving! When my nephews were younger, I took great pains in finding the most awesome gifts.  Of course, I wanted to be the "coolest " Auntie ever"!  About six years ,when Lightsabers (a fictional weapon or laser sword, made famous by Star Wars) were so popular, I sent my nephews two for Christmas. Later, I found out my sister wouldn't let my nephews have them as she felt they were violent.  Really?  Needless to say, I never sent another gift again.  Gift cards only! 

With that said, I don't like to give a gift card without dressing it up in some way.  It's all about the packaging.  Gift card packaging!

This month, every Monday, I will feature gift card packaging ideas for you.  This week, I'm starting off with a simple gift card die from Papertrey Ink. 

I thought long and hard before purchasing this die.  It's an investment.  I actually calculated the cost of the die verses other packaging option and how often I thought I would use it.  End result, I love it.  I'm so glad I purchased it.  It's already paid for itself!  You can't ask for anything more, right?

Let me show you some examples.  After die cutting, this is what the Gift Card Greetings die looks like.


Here's an inside view.  As you can see, I did some stamping on the inside ("to and from" on the bottom flap and "sending holiday cheer" on the top flap).   Very simple.


Here's a view of the top flap.


Here, I've added some embellishments to the basic die.


And here, a fun interpretation of the Gift Card Greetings die.


With this one Gift Card Greetings die there are so many possibilities.  Just let your creativity take over.

I hope you'll stop by next Monday for more Gift Card Packaging ideas.

Supplies:  Stamps: Papertrey Ink  Paper: Stampin' Up-Whisper White, Bazzil Black and Red, Unknow Silver, Memory Box-Red Dot  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Papertrey New Leaf and Pure Poppy  Accessories: Bow Maker, Papertrey Ink Gift Card Greetings die, Unlimited Ovals 1 3/4, Tiny Tags, Twine, Fiskers Square Punch 1 Inch and 1 1/4 Inch Punch, 1/4 Circle Punch.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Cheryl! This is GREAT!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. That PTI die does make it pretty easy to pkg gift cards! Yours looks great, Cheryl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamorama offers you with a way to learn from some of the best qualified person guitar players, which include jam monitor recordings that let you play together with the pros. This extensive multimedia
    Alpha ZXTpackage deal includes a guitar-playing tuition book, ear schooling game, music browsing game, tuning software, a metronome, and video lessons.http://www.musclegainhelp.com/neuro3x/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I include a reference to this web pageThank you for the great info! I would not have gotten this otherwiseTo the point and written well, thank you for the information Geniux I agree, tyvm for posting this.I just came across this blog I was I am getting a 404 page not found when trying to access other posts I hope it gets fixed. ThanksWhen I look at your RSS feed it gives me a bunch of weird text, is the problem on my sideHi dude, you may have a great blog site. I enjoy it. And I feel several folks will enjoy too. Why not attempt more challenging to optimize your site, so it will likely be much easier to find this web site in search engine. http://www.healthcaresups.com/geniux/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to bookmark it!Thank you for your refreshing article. It Brain R8 was a pleasure reading it. Look forward to more articles from you!Nice template and great article.thanks this is great information.Wow, thanks for sharing, I have leaned so much here on your site, thought I'd let you know your efforts are appreciatedI just added this feed to my bookmarks. I really like reading your posts. Thanks!TY a ton for writing this, it was quite helpful and helped me quite a bitHello. http://vitafirmfacts.com/brain-r8/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs