One-Layer Wednesday (OLW105) Autumn

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Here's a fun fact; In the United States, actually the entire northern hemisphere (we can't forget our Canadian friends), the first day of autumn is the day of the year in which the sun crosses the celestial equator moving south. This day is called the Autumnal Equinox, and this year it's September 22.

So, with autumn just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to see what you love about this time of year. For me, it’s pumpkins! I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin fudge, and pumpkin bread. Really, all things pumpkin. 


I also enjoy the beautiful colors of the changing leaves.


Both cards are 3 inches square.  If you've followed my blog for long, you know I love this little size.  They're great for gift giving this time of year, but my favorite thing to do is tuck them in the girl's backpacks.  It's a fun little "love note" from mom, letting them know how special they are!  I like to have an assortment of these little cards on hand.  They always come in handy.

OLW105 Rules

1. A ONE-LAYER card is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed!

2. Make a card that expresses what you love about autumn/fall.

3. Post your card somewhere online and link back to A Paperie Journey using the InLinkz button at the bottom of this post. Please make sure you link to the specific post on your blog rather than your blog's main page.

4. Have Fun!

Don't forget about the Gratitude Campaign! See Susan's blog for details.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin'Up~Fall Whimsy (retired, sorry), Senntiment~A Muse, Ink: Memento~Tuxedo Black, Paper: Stampin'Up Whisper White, Accessories: Stampin'Up Stamp-A-Ma-Gig, Baker's Twine, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Blending Stump

14 comments:

  1. Nice cheery fall cards. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this. Thanks for doing this and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable little note cards...and sweet to brighten anyone's day...your kiddos are so lucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little card and nice coloring! I have never liked pumpkin anything. To me they are for jack o' lanterns and decorating and making lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is a great card-making time with all my favourite colours - thanks for the challenge Cheryl. I love both your note cards but especially the single pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect challenge for this time of year, Cheryl, and I adore your sweet punkin and leaves cards!!

    I thought Susan's Gratitude Campaign, which she started with OLW 104 would remain open for a while on her sidebar, but when you go over there, the collection is closed. Guess I misunderstood about that and guess I should go ask her ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge and I think your sweet pumpkin is fab! Great oak leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed playing with these challenges lately. This is so perfect for this time of year. I love your whimsical, orange pumpkin and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful challenge. Your pumpkins and leaves are just perfect and so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I love BOTH Of yoru cards equally - so very sweet with the pop of autumn color and design against the white! Beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. I love those sketchy stamps-they color up so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl!!!. Simple and beautiful card!!!. You gave me an idea. I have that set and on Monday (since I'm Canadian) I have people over and something small like this will look gorgeous on the table!!!. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your autumn cards Cheryl! They are such a cute size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs