The 10 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 2

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Today is Day 2 in my series, The 10 days of Thanksgiving.  You can find Day 1 here.   I thought I would share my process when starting a new scrapbook project.

First, I choose the album.  What size do I need for my project?  What color or material (cover) do I want?   Then, I decide on the card stock and patterned paper.  What's my theme?  How much paper do I need?  Did I really say that?  One can never have too much paper, right?  With all the collection packs and pads available today, it's easy to find exactly what you are looking for.  And, with many of the collections you will find alphabet stickers, journaling cards, and element stickers included. 

For this project I'm using Carta Bella's, A Perfect Autumn collection and Simple Stories - Snap Studios, 6 x 8 faux leather album in brown.  I wanted a smaller album (not the standard 12 x 12) because I'm only documenting 10 days each year.  This will be the featured coffee table display book during the month of November, so I need a practical size.  

 

Next, I shop my stash looking for embellishments that coordinate with my theme and color palette. Below are some of the items I plan to use.  I know I'll be adding to this assortment with die cuts, stamps, and I'm sure, more embellishments.  Embellish until you're heart's content, right?


I would love to hear what your creative process is when starting a new project! 

Look for more posts in my series, The 10 Days of Thanksgiving.  I'll share my thoughts on "must have" tools, handmade journaling cards ideas, foundations pages, and of course, the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs