One-Layer Wednesday 162 ~ Leaves

Monday, October 21, 2013

This week, Heather is hosting our One-Layer Wednesday challenge (OLW 162).  Her challenge, leaves.  I have a feeling Heather was probably thinking fall leaves, right? 

In an ongoing effort to use stamps (that have never seen ink before), each week I pull a set or two and display them prominently on my worktable to use. This morning, as I was thinking about the OLW challenge, I saw leaves on my worktable!  Okay, so they were holly leave, but leaves all the same.

These leaves are from a Close to My Heart set (A Holiday A1115), my MIL gave me. 

I made three different OLW cards.  All very similar, but a bit different.  With the first card, I though the little pom-poms would make cute berries.


With my second card, I wanted to use sequins to bling it up a bit. A girl has to be trendy whenever possible, right?


And with my third card I just used stamps.  No bling, just some twine.


All three cards are 4 1/4 square with matching envelopes made with We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board. 

It's not often that I get really excited about a tool, but the Envelope Punch Board is awesome if you like to make matching envelopes, or just use up your scraps.

Supplies: Stamps: Close To My Heart - A Holiday  Ink: Papertrey - Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse and Memento - Tuxedo Black  Paper: Papertrey - White (Card Base), Envelopes - Paper Studios   Accessories: We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board & Twine.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Cheryl! You just gave me an idea for completing this OLW challenge. I'm going to work on it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see different ways to use similar stamps. I ordered the envelope board awhile ago. Can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards using your holly leaf stamp. :) Thx for showing the three variations of the leaves. Wonder if I have any red sequins?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these cards. They're sweet and simple - just the way holiday cards SHOULD be so you can get a lot made in a short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs