Christmas in September...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I can't believe I just made a Christmas card and it's only September! I don't even let myself think about Christmas until after October, 1st. Maybe it's just my subconscious telling me I need to start planning earlier this year.

This card is for the One-Layer Challenge on Susan's Blog, Simplicity. The challenge was to COLOR IT. I'm also going to enter my card for the Less is More Anything Goes Challenge.
I was drawn to this Christmas image from Memory Box (I adore their products). Have you seen their new die cut collection? If not, you're in for a treat.

I was really out of my confort zone using Stickles on this project. Don't ask me why. I guess I'm just a "plain Jane" sort of girl. I hope you can see the pretty sparkle this card has. I really like the results, I'll have to use Stickles more often...

Supplies
Stamps: Impress & Memory Box
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Desert Sand
Paper: Gina K Designs Pure Luxry Ivory
Accessories: Stickles-Diamond & Gold Bling

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Love this Card and the Stickles add the right amount of sparkle.. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT! And you and I are polar opposites...if it is not tied down, I will glitter it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you...getting started on your Christmas cards. This one is a great start. I'm gonna check those dies out you mentioned. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!
    Elegant simplicity!
    Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries for our challenge this week.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB-TASTIC
    Love it
    Thank you for helping us with our target of 1000 entries
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the image, the sponging behind it and even the stickles! I'm not a stickles user either, but just maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...I love the sponging...and I do love stickles!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, very elegant. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl, Fabulous clean and simple card, love the stamp and what you did with it, stunning :0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs