Washi Tape And Your Die Cuts

Sunday, June 30, 2013


Welcome back to another post in my Washi Tape Series.  Today I'm focusing on die cuts and your Washi Tape.  Most of us have die cuts, right?  Maybe even several die cuts? So, I wanted to show you a few ideas using those die cuts, but first I have a tip or two to share with you.

As you can see by the photo below, I started off with white cardstock for my base, but because of the translucency of the tape you may want to use another color cardstock.

For this die cut project, I chose three different Washi Tapes in varying widths, and placed them on the diagonal. I think the varying widths are important when planning this project. They (varying widths) are not always easy to find, but well worth the effort. 

Another option is to use chipboard or a cereal box for thicker die cuts.  If you plan to use one of these, you will probably want to put a coat of acrylic paint on first before applying the Washi Tape.  Again, because of the translucency.

 


Here are a few close ups:



I hope you will explore your die cuts and Washi Tape collection. 


Supplies:

Washi Tape: Queen & Co, Little B (both purchased at Archivers), and Michaels
Die Cuts: Papertrey Ink

 

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl, oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! What a charming tag and flower! I have my post tomorrow on washi tape too but yours is so much prettier! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn clever. Will definitely have to try this technique. Thanks so much for sharing, and for sharing your beautiful flowers and tag. Wonderful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors look great together! Nice projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors..And what a great idea to use dies on the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs